We will talk much more about this ground-breaking project in the future, but for now we recommend you stop by and try it for yourself.
Getting Involved is Easy:
- Visit http://setiathome.ssl.berkely.edu. Click on "Participate" and then "Download".
- Your computer will download the BOINC client. This is a background program that SETI@Home (and many other projects) run on top of.
- Install BOINC and run the program for the first time. One the main view appears, click on "Add Project". A new window will appear to guide you through the process.
- Scroll through the list of available projects (more on these in future posts) and select the bottom one, SETI@Home. You will now be connected to the project and prompted to create an account for yourself.
- Once the account is successfully set up, the SETI@Home program and data to analyze will be automatically managed by your computer. You don't need to do anything else (unless you want to) except enjoy donating your computer time to a worthy cause.